From Nov. 7th till 9th, the next Platform Coop Conference will take place in New York City. Under the slogan “Who Owns the World?”, this year’s conference is not only taking a close look at the current state of Platform Cooperativism but also aims to bring together speakers to meet each other, co-design, and learn about topics such as worker power in the platform economy, ecological sustainability, and best practices for cooperation.
The conference is co-convened by Trebor Scholz (Director, Institute for the Cooperative Digital Economy at The New School ICDE) & David Park (Committee for Global Thought, Columbia University) with support from Michael McHugh, ICDE's Assistant Director.
Participants of the conference may explore topics including:
- Platform co-ops: formation, capital conundrum, and operation
- Green platform co-ops fighting climate change
- Against misogyny and racism in co-ops
- Advancing youth employment through platform co-ops
- Data co-ops and governance
- Measuring non-monetary value creation
- The decentralized internet: from cryptocurrencies to protocolary co-ops
- Antitrust strategies, the "Silver Tsunami," and conversions to worker ownership
- An alternative business school model that supports equitable enterprises
- Intersectional solidarity of allies fighting for economic justice
For more information, please visit the conference’s website.